Shani Maharaj (शनि महाराज) is considered to be the god of justice, he gives good results for good deeds (अच्छे कर्मों) and bad results for bad deeds (बुरे कर्मों). Shani Jayanti is coming on the new moon day of Krishna Paksha of Jyeshtha every year month. According to mythology, on the Jyeshtha Amavasya date (ज्येष्ठ अमावस्या तिथि) – Shani Dev, the giver of karma, was born in the house of father Surya Dev (सूर्य देव) and mother Chhaya (माता छाया). Bathing and charity are the special significance on this day. It is said that on this day, whoever worship Shani dev with a sincere heart, gets auspicious results. On this day, one must donate things related to Shani.
We are celebrating Shani Jayanti (शनि जयंती 2023) as a birth of Sani Dev and its also called Shani Amavasya. Sani Dev is the son of Lord Suryadev and he represents planet Saturn. The Shani Jayanti is fall on 19 May 2023 – Friday. Puja timing for Shani Jayanti is starting from 09:42 PM on May 18, 2023 and will continue still end at 09:22 PM PM on May 19, 2023. On this day people are doing fasting for full day and worship for his blessing. Shani Jayanti 2023 Puja vidhi, shubu muhurat, puja vidhi, shubh choghadiya, shani dev mantra and more.
Shani Jayanti 2023 Date and Tithi
- Shani Jayanti on Friday, May 19, 2023
- Amavasya Tithi Starts – 09:42 PM on May 18, 2023
- Amavasya Tithi Ends – 09:22 PM on May 19, 2023
Shani Amavasya 2023 Date and Tithi
- 14 October 2023, Saturday
- Shani Amavasya Tithi Timings : October 13, 9:51 pm – October 14, 11:25 pm
Shani Jayanti 2023 Shubh Puja Muhurat
- Chara – Neutral : 05:28 AM to 07:11 AM
- Labha – Gain : 07:11 AM to 08:53 AM
- Amrita – Best : 08:53 AM to 10:35 AM
- Kala – Loss : 10:35 AM to 12:18 PM
- Shubha – Good : 12:18 PM to 02:00 PM
- Roga – Evil : 02:00 PM to 03:42 PM
- Udvega – Bad : 03:42 PM to 05:25 PM
- Chara – Neutral : 05:25 PM to 07:07 PM
- Roga – Evil : 07:07 PM to 08:25 PM
- Kala – Loss : 08:25 PM to 09:42 PM
- Labha – Gain : 09:42 PM to 11:00 PM
- Udvega – Bad : 11:00 PM to 12:17 AM, May 20
- Shubha – Good : 12:17 AM to 01:35 AM, May 20
- Amrita – Best : 01:35 AM to 02:53 AM, May 20
- Chara – Neutral : 02:53 AM to 04:10 AM, May 20
- Roga – Evil : 04:10 AM to 05:28 AM, May 20
Shani Jayanti 2023 (Shani Amavasya) Puja Vidhi and Upvas Rules
- Take bathing in the morning on Shani Jainti and go to Shani temple and offer oil.
- Donate foods the poor.
- Wear Black Clothes to impress Lord Shani.
- Offer Blue flowers and Bhoga to the idol.
- Peform Shanti Dev mantra of ॐ नीलांजन समाभासं रवि पुत्रं यमाग्रजम | छायामार्तंड संभूतं तं नमामि शनैश्चरम || and ॐ शनैश्चराय विदमहे छायापुत्राय धीमहि | तन्नो मंद: प्रचोदयात ||
- Must make donations of black til seeds, black muslin cloth, castor oil, black channa, and iron nails.
- Chant the Shani Deva Shloka for 11,000 times “OM PRAM PRIM PROM SAH SHANAYE NAMAH” or Om Sanaischaraya Vidmahe Sooryaputraya Dheemahi,Tanno Manda Prachodayata.
- Shiva’s worship is a proven remedy for removing the faults related to Shanti or to get his grace.
- Feed a black dog, a crow or other animals.
Significance of Shani Jayanti or Amavasya
Shani Dev’s birth anniversary is celebrated every year on the new moon day of the Jyeshtha month. It is believed that the son of Surya and Chaya was born on this date of Shani. This day there is a lot of crowd in Shani temples. People from the morning reach the Devasthan to worship God Shani. It is said about Shani Dev that if you are pleased, then your every wish is fulfilled. Shani Dev is pleased and blessed by devotees with happiness and prosperity. If there is a slight mistake in the worship ceremony then Shani can be angry. It is believed that the result of Shani Dev’s anger is very bad.
Shani Jayanti 2023 Photos, Pictures and Images
Shani Jayanti Mantra and Shloka
ॐ नीलांजन समाभासं रवि पुत्रं यमाग्रजम |
छायामार्तंड संभूतं तं नमामि शनैश्चरम ||
Aum Nilaanjan Samaabhaasam Ravi Putram Yamagrajam |
Chhayamartand Sambhootam Tam Namaami Shanaishcharam | |
शनि पीडाहर स्तोंत्र
सुर्यपुत्रो दीर्घदेहो विशालाक्ष: शिवप्रिय: |
दीर्घचार: प्रसन्नात्मा पीडां हरतु मे शनि: ||
Shani Peedahar Stotram
Suryaputro Deerghdeho Vishalaaksh: Shivpriya: |
Deerghchaar: Prasannatma Peedan Hartu Me Shani: | |
शनि गायत्री मंत्र
ॐ शनैश्चराय विदमहे छायापुत्राय धीमहि |
तन्नो मंद: प्रचोदयात ||
Shani Gayatri Mantra
Aum Shaneshchraaye Vidmahe Chhayaputraay Dheemahi |
Tanno Mand: Prachodyaat | |
शनि बीज मंत्र
ॐ प्रां प्रीं प्रों स: शनैश्चराय नमः ||
Shani Beej Mantra
Aum Pran Preen Pron Se: Shaneshchraaye Namah | |