Jivitputrika vrat or Jitiya vrat is celebrated with great pomp in Hinduism. According to the Hindu Calendar Panchang, Jitiya Vrat 2023 is coming on the Ashtami of Krishna Paksha of Ashwin month in every year. This vrat is done for the long life of the children and for their happiness and prosperity. This time Jitiya puja date is on 6 October 2023, Friday but the Ashtami will be start from 6 October and will end on 7 October 2023.
The Jitiya vrat puja vidhi (जितिया व्रत) on the day of Ashtami is special and it is kept waterless. In this vrat, worship is done on the second day i.e. Krishna Paksha Ashtami, the fast is not considered complete until its story of vrat is read or heard. That is why today we are telling you the mythological fasting katha of Jitiya Vrat in Hindi. The evidence of this vrat is associated with the story of Mahabharata.
By the way, this festival is doing for the three days. Women celebrate the festival of Jivitputrika vrat (जीवित्पुत्रिका व्रत) with great devotion. After bathing and eating on Saptami Tithi, on Ashtami Tithi, woman keep a Nirjala vrat for the prosperity of children i.e. Parana is done. On the day of taking bath, fasting people are avoiding to eat food or anything after sunset and even they do not make items with use of onion-garlic in the house. After this, on the Navami tithi, Lord Surya dev is offered Arghya and his mantras are chanted. Jitiya vrat is considered to be one of the most difficult and hard fasts. Let’s discuss about the Jitiya Vrat Puja Date in 2023, Vrat Vidhi, Paran Time and Importance.
2023 Jivitputrika or Jitiya Vrat Date and Tithi (जीवित्पुत्रिका या जितिया व्रत तिथि)
- Jivitputrika Vrat (जीवित्पुत्रिका व्रत) Date : Friday, October 6, 2023
- Jitiya Vrat Ashtami Date Starts : 06:34 AM on October 06, 2023
- Jitiya Vrat Ashtami Date Ends : 08:08 AM on October 07, 2023
Jivitputrika or Jitiya Vrat 2023 Choghadiya and Muhurat Time
|Night Choghadiya Muhurat||Start – End Time|
|Chara – Neutral||06:16 AM to 07:45 AM|
|Labha – Gain||07:45 AM to 09:13 AM|
|Amrita – Best||09:13 AM to 10:41 AM|
|Kala – Loss||10:41 AM to 12:09 PM|
|Shubha – Good||12:09 PM to 01:37 PM|
|Roga – Evil||01:37 PM to 03:05 PM|
|Udvega – Bad||03:05 PM to 04:34 PM|
|Chara – Neutral||04:34 PM to 06:02 PM|
|Roga – Evil||06:02 PM to 07:34 PM|
|Kala – Loss||07:34 PM to 09:06 PM|
|Labha – Gain||09:06 PM to 10:37 PM|
|Udvega – Bad||10:37 PM to 12:09 AM, Oct 07|
|Shubha – Good||12:09 AM to 01:41 AM, Oct 07|
|Amrita – Best||01:41 AM to 03:13 AM, Oct 07|
|Chara – Neutral||03:13 AM to 04:45 AM, Oct 07|
|Roga – Evil||04:45 AM to 06:17 AM, Oct 07|
Jivitputrika or Jitiya Vrat 2023 Parana Time (जीवित्पुत्रिका या जितिया व्रत पारण का शुभ समय)
The vrat is broken on the next day of Navami Tithi. Mothers Who is observing the Jivitputrika vrat, She will perform the Parana on Saturday, 7 October 2023, from Muhurta of Parana is from – in the morning. They should be passed before noon. Tomorrow from morning till noon will be an auspicious time to do Parana.
Jivitputrika or Jitiya Vrat 2023 Puja Vidhi (जीवित्पुत्रिका या जितिया व्रत संपूर्ण पूजन विधि)
First Day: Nahay Khay (नहाए-खाए)
Jivitputrika Vrat starts from this day of Nahay Khay. One should not eat anything after sunset, that is, before the fast of Jitiya. On this day women take one meal after taking bath and then do not eat anything in whole day.
- Wake up early in the morning and take bath and wear clean clothes.
- Offer prasad and colorful threads in the fast.
- Wearing thread as a protective shield to the child.
- Worship Lord Jimutvahan (जीमूतवाहन) and Surya Narayan.
- Perform aarti to God with incense, lamp etc. and after that offer bhog.
- Make idols of eagle and sirin from clay and cow dung.
- Apply red vermilion tilak on their forehead.
- Read or listen to the story of Jivitputrika Vrat.
- Do Nirjala vrat for the whole day.
- Offer 16 pedas, 16 doob garlands, 16 standing rice, 16 knots of thread, 16 cloves, 16 cardamom, 16 paan, 16 vertical betel nut and makeup items to the mother.
- For the growth and progress of the lineage, fast and worship with bamboo leaves.
- Eat food only after breaking Jitiya vrat.
- In this vrat, mothers start the fast by taking food and water on Saptami.
- On the day of Parana, eat something only after offering Arghya to the Sun.
- Jhor Bhaat (झोर भात), Noni ka Saag (नोनी का साग) and Madua Roti are eaten on the day of Jitiya Vrat.
- The vrat is concluded on Navami Tithi.
- After Paran give food and donation-dakshina to Brahmin.
Jivitputrika or Jitiya Vrat Katha in Hindi PDF (जीवित्पुत्रिका या जितिया व्रत की कथा हिंदी)
Jivitputrika (Jitiya) Vrat Aarti 2023 (जीवित्पुत्रिका या जितिया व्रत की आरती)
Significance of Jivitputrika or Jitiya Vrat 2023 (जीवित्पुत्रिका या जितिया व्रत का महत्व)
The story of Jivitputrika Vrat is related to the Mahabharata period. There are many stories associated with जितिया व्रत. This vrat is done for the long life of the child and for his good wishes. Especially Married women observe Jivitputrika Vrat for getting children. The mother who observes this vrat, her child continues to have happiness and prosperity in life and the child has a long life. There is no sorrow and there is always happiness and peace in his house. Any woman who listens to the katha of Jitiya vrat never has to face the separation of her child.
Jivitputrika or Jitiya Vrat FAQs
When is Jivitputrika or Jitiya Vrat in 2023 (Jitiya Kab Hai 2023)?
Where is the Jivitputrika or Jitiya Celebrated?
When is Jivitputrika Vrat done?
How to Download Jivitputrika or Jitiya Vrat Katha PDF in Hindi?
What is Jivitputrika or Jitiya Vrat Date in 2023?
How to find Jivitputrika or Jitiya Vrat Aarti Online?
What is Jivitputrika or Jitiya Vrat Parana Time?
How to do Puja on Jivitputrika or Jitiya Vrat?
Read More Post