Ganesha Jayanti 2024 is consider as a birth anniversary of Lord Ganesha. It also known as Magha Shukla Chaturthi, Tilkund Chaturthi and Varad Chaturthi. Other important name is Magha Ganesha Jayanti and its very popular in Maharashtra, Mumbai. Ganesh Jayanti is coming every year on Magha Shukla Paksha, this year of 2024 the long waited Ganesh Jayanti is on Tuesday, 13 February.
People in India and all over the world are celebrating this festival as a big grand event in Ganesh Temples. The main celebration is in Morgaon Ganesha temple (mayureshwar ganesha temple in Maharashtra) with big palkhi yatra.
People are start day with the worshiped of Lord Ganesha with Shodashopachar puja vidhi and offering naivedya as special bhog which is made by Til or sesame. Just get the proper date for Ganesh Jayanti in 2024 in other countries as well and be prepared for magha ganesh jayanti in 13 February 2024.
Ganesh Jayanti 2024 Date and Tithi Details
Tuesday, February 13, 2024
- Tuesday, February 13, 2024
- Chaturthi Tithi Begins – 05:44 PM on Feb 12, 2024
- Chaturthi Tithi Ends – 02:41 PM on Feb 13, 2024
2024 Ganesh Jayanti Puja Muhruat and Shubh Time
- Madhyahna Ganesha Puja Muhurat – 11:29 AM to 01:42 PM (Duration – 02 Hours 14 Mins)
- On previous day time to avoid Moon sighting – 05:44 PM to 08:58 PM in February 12 (Duration – 03 Hours 14 Mins)
- Time to avoid Moon sighting – 09:18 AM to 10:04 PM (Duration – 12 Hours 46 Mins)
Ganesh Jayanti Puja Vidhi
- To make Ganpati sit on the place, first make a swastika with kumkum.
- Apply four turmeric cloves.
- Place a small Bajot, Chowki or Patra on it.
- Spread a Red, Saffron or yellow cloth on it.
- Offering vermilion, saffron, turmeric, sandalwood, molly etc. to the idol of Ganpati and Chanting mantras.
- Offer Upanayana, red flowers, doob, modak, coconut and other items in turn.
- In the last, offer 21 bhog laddu to Ganeshji and perform his Aarti.
- Fill the copper kalash with water, decorate it with mango leaves and coconut.
- Remember Lord Ganesha with a happy heart with Akshat in hand and call upon him to sit in the house and accept the worship done according to law.
- After the aarti, keep five laddus near the Ganesh idol and distribute the rest among the Brahmins and the poor.