Sandhi Puja 2023 is considered very important and popular worship in Hinduism. Sandhi Puja (संधि पूजा 2023) is celebrated during Navratri festival in every year. This pooja takes place in the evening or night of Ashtami in Shardiya Navratri 2023. 108 lamps and 108 lotuses are offered in the worship of Maa Durga during this puja and it is performed at a particular muhurat and time. Vegetables should be sacrificed (सब्जियों की बलि) to the maa Goddess in the puja on dedicated time.
It is believed that the grace of the goddess remains on the entire family with the sacrifice of vegetables. Sandhi Puja is mostly performed at the end of Ashtami and the start of Navami tithi. As per the Hindu Calendar 2023, Shardiya Navratri 2023 (शारदीय नवरात्रि) is starting from Monday and Mata’s arrival will be on Gaj ride. This ancient tradition is followed by the devotees of the Goddess with the same reverence and devotion. So let’s know about Navratri Sandhi Puja’s auspicious time, puja vidhi, significance, mantra of worship and katha in PDF format.
Shardiya Navratri Sandhi Puja Date and Tithi
- Date : 22 October 2023, Sunday
- Sandhi Puja Ashtami Tithi Begins : 09:53 PM on October 21, 2023
- Sandhi Puja Ashtami Tithi Ends : 07:58 PM on October 22, 20232
Sandhi Puja Shubh Muhurat Time
- Sandhi Puja Muhurat : 07:58 PM on Oct 22, 2023
- Puja Duration : 00 Hours 48 Mins
2023 Shardiya Navratri Sandhi Puja Vidhi
- Perform sandhi puja is celebrating in a very pomp and grand manner.
- Sandhi Puja should be started at an auspicious time (शुभ समय).
- 108 lamps and 108 lotus flowers should be offered to Goddess Durga (108 दीपक और 108 कमल).
- Offer 108 Belpatra (108 बेलपत्र).
- Offer red clothes (लाल वस्त्र), red fruits (लाल फल), hibiscus flowers (गुड़हल के फूल), raw rice (कच्चे चावल), grains (अनाज) and fruits (मेवा) to Maa Durga.
- Make them complete by wearing ornaments (श्रृंगार करें) etc.and the things are offered in front of Maa Durga.
- Chant Durga Devi Mantra with incense-lamp (धूप-दीप).
- Some people also sacrifice pumpkin (कद्दु) and cucumber (ककड़ी) in front of Maa Durga on Sandhi Puja.
- Do Aarti of Maa Durga (मां दुर्गा की आरती करें).
- Do Sandhi Puja with drums and bells in pandals.
- While doing sandhi puja always keep in mind that this puja should be started only when Sandhikshana begins.
Sandhi Puja Ki Katha in Hindi PDF Download
Sandhi Puja Importance and Significance
In Shardiya Navratri Sandhi Puja (शारदीय नवरात्रि में संधि पूजा) takes place in the evening on Ashtami and Navami Tithi due to the union of the two dates. It has special significance of Ashtami Puja. Sandhi as the name itself is clear when two dates meet. This puja is considered special because it was during this treaty that Goddess Chamunda Mata killed the demons Chand and Mund (चंड और मुंड राक्षसों). This Muhurat is considered a very powerful Muhurat. Sandhi Puja is specially celebrated in Bengal. Sandhi Puja is considered a very revered festival as it symbolizes the victory of good over evil.
Sandhi Puja Mantra Details
मां चामुंडा के मंत्र –
ॐ ऐं ह्रीं क्लीं चामुण्डायै विच्चे
क्लीं ह्रीं ऐं चामुण्डायै विच्चे
ओंम ऐं ह्रीं क्लीं चामुण्डायै विच्चे
क्लीं ऐं ह्रीं चामुण्डायै विच्चे