The Krishna Paksha of Ashwin Month is very Holy month because Indira Ekadashi is coming in this month, and If Ekadashi is falling in Pitru Paksha or shradh is also known as Indira Ekadashi (इंदिरा एकादशी 2023). This year Indira Ekadashi vrat date is on 10 October 2023, Tuesday. It is very fruitful to worship Lord Shri Hari Vishnu with fasting on this day.
According to the beliefs, this Ashwin month is very special for hindu and by observing this vrat, our ancestors get salvation. Also by offering Tarpan, Pind Daan and Brahmin food on this special date, the dead souls get salvation that they can reach the abode of Lord Vishnu. Brahmavaivarta Purana have mentioned about the Indira Ekadashi which was told by Lord Krishna to Yudhisthira.
On this day there is a law to worship Lord Shaligram and keep fast is very good. It is said that it is necessary to read and listen to the vrat story on Indira Ekadashi, otherwise the fast of Ekadashi is not considered. That is why know the method of observing this Indira Ekadashi 2023 vrat, katha, puja vidhi and Significance in details.
Indira Ekadashi 2023 Date and Tithi Start-End Time
- Date : Tuesday, October 10, 2023
- Ekadashi Tithi Starts : 12:36 PM on October 09, 2023
- Ekadashi Tithi Ends : 03:08 PM on October 10, 2023
Indira Ekadashi 2023 Parana Time (इंदिरा एकादशी 2023 पारण समय)
- 06:19 AM to 08:39 AM on 11th October 2023
- Parana Day Dwadashi End Moment : 05:37 PM
Indira Ekadashi 2023 Vrat Katha in Hindi PDF Download (इंदिरा एकादशी व्रत की कथा हिन्दी )
Indira Ekadashi 2023 Vrat Puja Vidhi (इंदिरा एकादशी व्रत की पूजा विधि)
- Wake up early in the morning and take a bath.
- Worship the Sun god (सूर्य देवता).
- Worship Lord Shaligram on Ekadashi.
- Resolve to fast and worship in front of Lord Vishnu.
- Speak your resolution (संकल्प).
- Bath Lord Shaligram with Panchamrit. (हे अच्युत! हे पुंडरीकाक्ष! मैं आपकी शरण में हूं, आप मेरी रक्षा कीजि), Pray this during worship.
- Offer Abir, Gulal, Akshat, Yagyopavit, flowers to Lord Vishnu in worship.
- Make sure to offer Tulsi leaves.
- After this, offer bhog with Tulsi leaves.
- Read the story of Indira Ekadashi vrat katha.
- Perform aarti of the idol of Shaligram.
- Distribute Panchamrit.
- Provide dakshina (दक्षिणा) to brahmins by feeding them.
- Ekadashi vrat should be broken in Shubh muhurat time on the day of Dwadashi.
- In the afternoon, bathe again in the running water and then make offerings to your ancestors with faith and reverence.
- After this, perform Shradh for ancestors.
- Do not eat more than once on this day and sleep on the floor at night.
- Take the offered food pind, offer it to the cow.
- Then you feed the relatives, and finally you can take a food.
Significance of Indira Ekadashi (इंदिरा एकादशी व्रत का महत्व)
According to the legend, it is believed that Bhagwan Krishna told the importance of Indira Ekadashi vrat to Dharmaraja Yudhishthira. Shradh is also very important on this day Ekadashi. Shradh on Ekadashi is said to be the best in the scriptures. By observing this Ekadashi vrat, the ancestors get its benefit directly. After fasting methodically, if its virtue is donated in the name of ancestors, then they get salvation and the one who observes the fast gets Baikunth. The person who is doing this fast himself attains Moksha. By observing Indira Ekadashi fast and duly worshiping Lord Vishnu, one attains Baikunth Dham.