Panchak is a period of five days in the Hindu calendar that is considered inauspicious for undertaking any new ventures or auspicious tasks. It is believed that during this period, the five elements of nature (earth, water, fire, air, and ether) are imbalanced, which can lead to negative consequences.
In the realm of Hindu astrology and spirituality, Panchak holds a significant place. It refers to a period of five days during which certain activities are considered inauspicious. To help you navigate through 2024 with spiritual awareness, we present the Panchak calendar for the year, highlighting the dates and timings when Panchak will occur.
According to Hindu mythology, Panchak is the period during which the devas (gods) and asuras (demons) churned the ocean to obtain the nectar of immortality. It is believed that during this time, the universe is in a state of flux and imbalance, making it unsuitable for any new undertakings.
Panchak is a unique astrological concept rooted in Vedic traditions. It is a five-day period when the moon is aligned with the last two quarters of the constellation Dhanishtha and the first three quarters of Shatabhisha. This alignment is believed to bring negative energies and is considered inauspicious for various activities. During Panchak, it is essential to exercise caution and refrain from certain actions.
Traditionally, people avoid starting new businesses, buying property, or getting married during Panchak. However, there are some exceptions to this rule. For example, Panchak is considered auspicious for certain religious rituals, such as the worship of Lord Shiva and Lord Hanuman.
Panchak Dates 2024 with Start and End Time Details
Panchak occurs when the moon is in the Dhanishtha, Shatabhisha, Purvabhadrapada, Uttarabhadrapada, and Revati nakshatras. It also occurs when the moon is in the transition between the Aquarius and Pisces zodiac signs.
Let’s explore the Panchak dates and timings for the year 2024:
Panchak in January 2024
- Panchak begins : January 13, 2024, Saturday at 11:35 PM
- Panchak ends : January 18, 2024, Thursday at 03:33 AM
Panchak in February 2024
- Panchak begins : February 10, 2024, Saturday at 10:02 AM
- Panchak ends : February 14, 2024, Wednesday at 10:43 AM
Panchak in March 2024
- Panchak begins : March 8, 2024, Friday at 09:20 PM
- Panchak ends : March 12, 2024, Tuesday at 08:29 PM
Panchak in April 2024
- Panchak begins : April 5, 2024, Friday at 07:12 AM
- Panchak ends : April 9, 2024, Tuesday at 07:32 AM
Panchak in May 2024
- Panchak begins : May 2, 2024, Thursday at 02:32 PM
- Panchak ends : May 6, 2024, Monday at 05:43 PM
- Panchak begins : May 29, 2024, Wednesday at 08:06 PM
Panchak in June 2024
- Panchak ends : June 3, 2024, Monday at 01:40 AM
- Panchak begins : June 26, 2024, Wednesday at 01:49 AM
- Panchak ends : June 30, 2024, Sunday at 07:34 AM
Panchak in July 2024
- Panchak begins : July 23, 2024, Tuesday at 09:20 AM
- Panchak ends : July 27, 2024, Saturday at 01:00 PM
Panchak in August 2024
- Panchak begins : August 19, 2024, Monday at 07:00 PM
- Panchak ends : August 23, 2024, Friday at 07:54 PM
Panchak in September 2024
- Panchak begins : September 16, 2024, Monday at 05:44 AM
- Panchak ends : September 20, 2024, Friday at 05:15 AM
Panchak in October 2024
- Panchak begins : October 13, 2024, Sunday at 03:44 PM
- Panchak ends : October 17, 2024, Thursday at 04:20 PM
Panchak in November 2024
- Panchak begins : November 9, 2024, Saturday at 11:27 PM
- Panchak ends : November 14, 2024, Thursday at 03:11 AM
Panchak in December 2024
- Panchak begins : December 7, 2024, Saturday at 05:07 AM
- Panchak ends : December 11, 2024, Wednesday at 11:48 AM
Panchak Yoga is a specific type of Panchak that occurs when the moon transits through the Dhanishtha nakshatra. Panchak Yoga is considered to be the most inauspicious type of Panchak, and it is believed that even essential activities should be avoided during this period.
Activities to Avoid During Panchak Time
During Panchak, it is generally advised to avoid the following activities:
- Starting new businesses or ventures
- Buying or selling new house, car, or other property
- Getting married or performing other auspicious ceremonies
- Making major investments
- Traveling long distances
- Starting new construction projects
- Buying new vehicles or machinery
- Performing any religious ceremonies
- Planting new trees or crops
- Starting construction projects
Things you can do During Panchak Period
- Continue with your existing work and commitments
- Pray to Lord Shiva and Lord Hanuman
- Meditate and do yoga
- Spend time with your family and friends
- Do charity work
Tips for Following Panchak
If you are unable to avoid starting something new during Panchak, there are a few things you can do to minimize the negative effects:
- Start on the last day of Panchak, rather than the first day.
- Perform a simple puja or ritual to appease the planets.
- Donate to charity or help those in need.
- Be extra cautious and avoid taking any risks.
Being aware of Panchak dates and timings in 2024 is essential for those who follow Hindu astrology and spirituality. These inauspicious periods can impact various aspects of life, and observing caution during these times is recommended.
For a more detailed understanding of Panchak and its implications, consult a qualified astrologer or spiritual guide. Remember to plan your important activities and events accordingly to ensure a harmonious and prosperous year.