Gauri Vrat 2023 (गौरी व्रत) is observed by unmarried girls especially in North India. Gauri Vrat is a very important fast to worship Maa Gauri (माँ गौरी) and Mahadev Shiva (महादेव शिव). This fast is to pray for giving good and suitable groom to unmarried girls. Let us tell you that Gauri Vrat is also known as Morakat Vrat (मोरकत व्रत). This fast is mainly celebrated in Gujarat and also in other parts of the country. Gauri Vrat is started every year on Ekadashi of Shukla Paksha of Ashadha month and It will end on Poornima. This time Gauri fast is going to start from Thursday, June 29, 2023 which will end on July 3, 2023. Unmarried girls are doing this fast lasts for five days with worship and aarti are done in the morning and evening for five days. Girls can takes only fruits for five days.
When is Gauri Vrat in 2023? (गौरी व्रत कब है)
According to the Hindu calendar, Gauri Vrat is starting from Ashadh Shukla Ekadashi Tithi (आषाढ़ शुक्ल एकादशी तिथि) on 29 June 2023, Thursday morning at 03:18 AM. The end of Ekadashi date will be on june 30, 2023, Friday at 02:42 am.
Gauri Vrat 2023 Start and End Date (गौरी व्रत 2023 तिथि)
- Gauri Vrat Start Date : June 29, 2023, Thursday
- Gauri Vrat Ends Date : July 3, 2023, Monday
- Ekadashi Tithi Begins(आषाढ़ माह शुक्ल एकादशी तिथि प्रारंभ) : 03:18 AM on Jun 29, 2023
- Ekadashi Tithi Ends (आषाढ़ शुक्ल पक्ष एकादशी तिथि समाप्त) : 02:42 AM on Jun 30, 2023
- आषाढ़ माह गुरु पूर्णिमा : –
Gauri Vrat Puja Vidhi (गौरी व्रत पूजा विधि )
- Unmarried girls wake up in the morning.
- After retiring from bathing activities and takes a vow to fast.
- Worship in front of Mahadev Shiva and Mata Gauri.
- Now lay a seat on the puja post (पूजा चौकी पर आसन बिछाये).
- Install the idol of Lord Shiva and Mata Gauri (शिव और माता गौरी की प्रतिमा स्थापित करें).
- Lighting incense-lamps in front of Mahadev Shiva and Mata Gauri.
- Perform Maa gauri aarti now.
- Offer fruits, flowers, akshat and puja samgagri, etc.
- Put your wishes in front of them (अपनी मनोकामना रखें).
- Similarly worship in the morning and evening for five days.
Importance of Gauri Vrat (गौरी व्रत का महत्व)
According to Hindu religion, from childhood, there are rituals to observe different types of fasts. The first fast of Jaya Parvati was done by Mata Parvati to get Shivaji as her husband. According to religious beliefs, by observing Gauri Vrat with complete devotion, one get the blessings of Mahadev Shiva and Mother Parvati. All the wishes are fulfilled. Maa Parvati always keeps her blessings on him.
How to Grow Gauri Vrat Jawara Seeds at Home?
कैसे मनाया जाता है गौरी व्रत
Seven types of grains (सात प्रकार के अनाज) are sown in Gauri fast. This fast in which the seeds of seven different types of cereals are sown at home (बीज घर पर बोए जाते हैं), these sown seeds are kept safe (बोए गए बीजों) for four days. After waking up on the fourth day, it is shed on the fifth day in a river, vav (well) or lake.These days the fasting person worship Lord Shankar and Mother Parvati every morning and eats only thing without salt (बिना नमक वाली चीजें).
Gauri Vrat Fasting Rules (गौरी व्रत के नियम)
- Gauri Vrat is mainly observed by unmarried girls.
- Wheat or anything made from wheat should not be consumed (गेहूं से बनी हुई किसी भी चीज).
- Spices, plain salt and some vegetables like tomatoes should also not be consumed during the 5 day period.
- This vrat is a five-day fast.
- During these five days, girls take food without salt with dry fruits or milk (सूखे मेवे या दूध के साथ बिना नामक का भोजन).
- Maa Gauri and Mahadev Shiva are worshiped for five days.
- On fifth day, girls stay awake the whole night and do Maa Parvati Jagran (bhajan, chanting, aarti).
- On the fifth day, after offering prayers to Mahadev Shiva and Maa Gauri, the fast is ended after giving food and donations to the Brahmin (ब्राह्मण). On this day, girls wake up early and take a bath and go to the temple and worship Shiva-Parvati.
- For these five days, fasting is kept while eating fruits only (फलाहार करते हुए व्रत रखा जाता है).