Jaya Parvati Vrat (जया पार्वती व्रत 2023) is always celebrated on Trayodashi tithi of Shukla Paksha in Ashadh month. It is also known as Vijaya Vrat (विजया व्रत). This year Jaya Parvati Vrat is on 1th July, 2023, Saturday. This fast continues for five consecutive days (पांच दिनों तक). Jaya Parvati vrat has a very important place in the religious Puranas (धार्मिक पुराणों) and Sanatan Dharma. This holy fast is considered to be a popular fast of Malwa region – मालवा क्षेत्र (Gujarat). This fast is also celebrated as a main festival there. Mother Parvati (माता पार्वती) and Shiva (भगवान शिव) are worshiped on this day, and fasting is observed in the form of faith.
Jaya Parvati Vrat married women (सुहागिन महिलाएं) observe a fast for the long life of their husband. On the other hand, unmarried girls (कुंवारी कन्याएं) are doing this vrat with the desire of a good groom. To please Lord Shiva and Maa Parvati, this fast is concluded with a rigorous worship method of 5 days. First, Lord Vishnu told the secret of this fast to Goddess Lakshmi. This fast is observed for only 1 day in some areas and for 5 days in some places. There are 5 types of fruits, flowers and prasad are offered on them by making sand elephants (बालू रेत का हाथी). Let us know the importance of keeping Jaya Parvati vrat 2023, puja vidhi and shubh muhurat time, and complete vrat katha in details.
How Many Years We Can Do Jaya Parvati Vrat?
If this fast is started once, then it should be done continuously for 5, 7, 9, 11 or 20 years.
Jaya Parvati Vrat 2023 Date (जयापार्वती व्रत 2023 में कब मनाया जाता है?)
- Jaya Parvati Vrat Start Date : 1 July 2023, Saturday
- Jaya Parvati Vrat End Date : 5 July 2023, Wednesday
- Trayodashi Tithi Start Time : 01:16 AM on Jul 01, 2023
- Trayodashi Tithi Ends Time : 11:07 PM on Jul 01, 2023
Jaya Parvati Vrat 2023 Shubh Muhurat Time
- Jayaparvati Pradosh Puja Muhurat : 07:23 PM to 09:24 PM
Jaya Parvati Vrat 2023 Jagran Date (जयापार्वती व्रत जागरण)
One night before the end of the vrat, one is kept awake throughout the night (रात भर जागा), Bhajan, Kirtan is done. This is called Jayaparvati Jagran 2023. Women and girls keep fast on Jagran too, it is considered necessary to wake up on this night before the end of the fast. At this time dancing and singing is also done. This year, the date of Jagran is on July 5, 2023 Wednesday.
Jaya Parvati Vrat Puja Vidhi (जया पार्वती व्रत सम्पूर्ण पूजा विधि)
- On the day of Ashadha Shukla Trayodashi, take a bath first and wear clean clothes (स्नान कर साफ वस्त्र धारण करें).
- Cean the place of worship (पूजा स्थान को साफ तथा स्वच्छ करें).
- Install an idol or picture of Lord Shiva and Mata Parvati at the place of worship (शिव-पार्वती की मूर्ति या तस्वीर स्थापित करें).
- Take a bath with milk, curd, water and honey.
- Chanting the mantra “Om Namah Shivaya” and meditate on Mother Parvati and Lord Shiva.
- Worship Shiva-Parvati by offering Kumkum (कुंमकुंम), Shatapatra (शतपत्र), Kasturi (कस्तूरी), Ashtagandha (अष्टगंध) and flowers.
- Offer seasonal fruits and coconut, pomegranate and other materials.
- Now do the Shodashopachara Puja with the ritual (षोडशोपचार पूजन करें).
- Sing the auspicious stuti of Mother Parvati and Lord Shiva (पार्वती और भगवान शिव की मंगल स्तुति गाएं).
- Listen to the vrat katha or story of Jaya Parvati (जया पार्वती की व्रत कथा).
- After that complete the puja and take a vow of fasting (व्रत का संकल्प लें).
- Do this every day for five days, then take food (रोज पांच दिन ऐसा करे, फिर भोजन ग्रहण करें).
- While breaking the fast, first of all feed the hungry Brahmin and donate clothes etc (भूखे ब्राह्मणों को भोजन कराएं तथा वस्त्र आदि दान करें).
- Consume food made from sattvic and milk itself (सात्विक तथा दूध से बने हुए भोजन का इस्तेमाल करें).
- On the day of Vrat Udyapan (व्रत उद्यापन), fasting can be done with wheat bread (गेहूं की रोटी) and other dishes.
- If a sand elephant (बालू रेत का हाथी) is made of sand, then after awakening at night, immerse it in a river or reservoir.
Jaya Parvati Vrat Fasting Rules and Rituals
- Salt should not be eaten during Jaya Parvati Vrat (नमक नहीं खाना चाहिए).
- Salty food should not be taken for five days.
- Grains and all kinds of vegetables should not be eaten (अनाज और सभी प्रकार की सब्जियों).
- Offer Water to jowar or wheat grains every morning (ज्वार या गेहूं के दानों को जल अर्पित किया जाता है).
- Fruits, milk, curd, juice, sweets made from milk can be eaten during the fast.
- Lord Shiva and Mata Parvati should be worshiped according to the law for five days (भगवान शिव और माता पार्वती की पांच दिनों तक पूजा करना चाहिए).
- At the end of the vrat, after worshiping in the temple (मंदिर में पूजा के बाद), the fast is done by eating salt, roti made of wheat flour or poori and vegetables.
Importance of Jaya Parvati Vrat (जया पार्वती व्रत का महत्व)
According to mythological beliefs (पौराणिक मान्यताओं), by observing Jaya Parvati’s fast, married women get unbroken good fortune (अखंड सौभाग्य की प्राप्ति) and unmarried girls wear this fast for wanting a suitable groom (सुयोग्य वर). Apart from this, the couple who has not got a son. He too gets the good fortune of having a son (पुत्र की प्राप्ति) with the blessings of Lord Shiva and Mother Parvati. The person who observes Jaya Parvati fast gets desired results (मनोवांछित फलों की प्राप्ति). Along with this, the benefits of Gangaur vrat (गणगौर), Hartalika (हरतालिका) and Mangala Gauri vrat (मंगला गौरी) are also obtained by observing this fast. This fast is very difficult and lasts for five consecutive days. This fast is observed for the well being of the family and to ensure happiness and prosperity (घर में सुख-समृद्धि सुनिश्चित) in the house. By observing Jaya Parvati Vrat with devotion, all the wishes of the devotees are fulfilled. Married women keep this fast for 5-20 years as per their wish.
Jaya Parvati Vrat Food Details (जयापार्वती व्रत का खाना)
During this vrat, one should not eat salt, any similar made of flour, all kinds of vegetables. Only you can eat fruits, curd, milk, juice, sweets made from milk. On the last day of the fast, after worshiping in the temple, the fast is broken by eating salt, bread made of flour (आटे से बनी रोटी), poori and vegetables (पूरी व सब्जी).