There are two types of Vat Savitri Vrat are coming in the years one is called Vat Savitri Amavasya and second is called Vata Savitri Purnima.
This yeas, first Vat Savitri Amavasya is fall on on date of 19 May, 2023 – Friday and the second Vata Savitri Purnima fall on date of 3 June 2023, Saturday. It is a traditional festival for woman which was celebrated with lots of joy and happiness in some part of the country including Gujarat, Uttar Pradesh, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Bihar, Punjab, Haryana and more. This festival is also called Vat Purnima because Amanta and Purnimanta as per the Hindu lunar calendar occur on the same day. Shani Jayanti is also coming on same date. On this festival women pray for their husband’s long life and prosperity and performing puja vidhi as per ritual. And also doing a fast for full day. Here we mention all details for Vat Savitri Vrat katha, date, puja vidhi and timings.
Vat Savitri Vrat Amavasya 2023 (Date, Time and Muhurat)
- May 19, 2023 (Friday)
- Amavasya Tithi Start on 09:42 PM on May 18, 2023
- Amavasya Tithi Ends on 09:22 PM on May 19, 2023
Vata Savitri Vrat Purnima 2023 (Date, Tithi and Muhurat)
- 3 June 2023 (Saturday)
- Purnima Tithi Start on 11:16 AM on Jun 03, 2023
- Purnima Tithi Ends on 09:11 AM on Jun 04, 2023
Vat Savitri Vrat Puja Vidhi (Amavasya and Purnima)
- Wake-up early morning and take a bath, wear new cloth
- Do fast for full day and wear saree and birdal jewellery (As per Hindu ritual)
- Visit nearest temple where have Banyan Tree (Vata) to perform puja
- Do prarikrama around seven time to Banyan Tree
- Offer or spray water, red powder (Kumkum), cotton thread & Kapoor.
- Listen katha of legend of Savitri
- Fasting is over the next day morning
- Offer prasad OR Dakshina to Brahmin.
Vat Savitri Vrat Puja Samagri List
- Kalash Sthapana,
- Panchang Sthapana
- 64 yogini Pujan
- Shetrapal Puja
- Swasti Vachan
- Ganesh Pujan and Abhishek
- Navgraha Pujan and 108 chants of each planetary mantra
- Invocation of major Gods and Goddesses in Kalash
- Chanting of Dwadashakshar Mantra 2100 times
- Aarti and Pushpaanjali
Vat Savitri Vrat Katha in Hindi PDF