Lord Vishwakarma is considered the god of creation and he is considered to be the world’s first engineer and architect. The festival of worship of Lord Vishwakarma is celebrating in India this year on 17th September, 2023, Sunday with great pomp. This day is also called Vishwakarma Jayanti 2023 (विश्वकर्मा जयंती). He is also considered an incarnation of Lord Shiva. The Worship and Yagna of Lord Vishwakarma is done by special rituals.
According to ritual, Lord Vishwakarma ji (भगवान विश्वकर्मा) is believed to be the creator from heaven to Dwarka and he has helped Brahma Ji in the making of the universe that’s way Vishwakarma puja (विश्वकर्मा पूजा 2023) is performed by all artists, weavers, craftsmen and industrial houses. On the day of Vishwakarma Jayanti, industrial areas, factories, iron shops, vehicle showrooms, service centers, etc are performing puja vidhi.
The description of the 5 forms and incarnations of Vishwakarma day is found in our scriptures (धर्मशास्त्रों) and books. It is also said that by worshiping of Lord Vishwakarma ji, get benefit in business progresses. Most factories and business are remain closed on this day and people worship Lord Vishwakarma with enthusiasm. You can also check here Hindu Festivals Calendar 2023 which is showing Vrat List, Fasting Days and Tyohar.
It is believed that the worship of Lord Vishwakarma increases the business of a person. On this day factories, industries, all kinds of machines and tools are worshipped by owners. Let’s know about the Vishwakarma Puja Vidhi on Vishwakarma Jayanti 2023, shubh muhurat, tithi time and significance.
Vishwakarma Puja 2023 Date and Day
– September 17, 2023, Sunday
2023 Vishwakarma Jayanti Puja Vidhi (भगवान विश्वकर्मा जयंती पूजा विधि)
- First of all, wake up early in the morning and take a bath and then sit at the place of worship with your wife.
- Wear new and clean clothes in the morning.
- Clean the place of worship and keep the idol.
- Start the worship with Akshat (अक्षत), Turmeric (हल्दी), Flowers (फूल), Paan, Cloves, Areca nut (लौंग), Sweets, Fruits, Incense (धूप), Deep and Rakshasutra (रक्षासूत्र).
- Put turmeric and rice on all puja things.
- After this, while meditating on Lord Vishnu, with flowers, akshat in hand, chant the mantras of ॐ आधार शक्तपे नम:, ॐ कूमयि नम:, ॐ अनन्तम नम: और ॐ पृथिव्यै नम: .
- Sprinkle akshat in all the four directions and tie the four directions with yellow mustard.
- Tie a rakshasutra in your hand and tie it to your wife as well.
- Leave the flowers (पुष्प जल) in the water vessel.
- Meditate on Lord Shri Vishwakarma ji in the heart.
- Light a Raksha lamp, take flowers (पुष्प) and betel nut (सुपारी) with water and take a resolution (संकल्प).
- Make an Ashtadal (अष्टदल) (eight-petalled) lotus on pure ground at your home entrance.
- Keep seven grains in that place and Pour clay and copper water on it.
- After this, put Panchpallav (पंचपल्लव ) (leaves of five trees), seven types of soil, betel nut, Dakshina in the Kalash and cover the Kalash with a cloth.
- Offer Rakshasutra to the Kalash with turmeric and rice.
- Devote a vessel full of Akshat (rice) and install a statue of Lord Vishwakarma on top, then invoke Varun Dev.
- After the worship is over, distribute the prasad among all the people.
Vishwakarma Puja 2023 Shubh Muhurat and Tithi (विश्वकर्मा पूजा 2023 शुभ मुहूर्त – तिथि)
- Vishwakarma Puja Tithi : Sunday, September 17, 2023
- Vishwakarma Puja Sankranti Moment : 01:43 PM
Vishwakarma Puja 2023 Kanya Sankranti Muhurat
- Kanya Sankranti Punya Kala : 01:43 PM to 06:24 PM
- Kanya Sankranti Maha Punya Kala : 01:43 PM to 03:46 PM
- Kanya Sankranti Moment : 01:43 PM
Vishwakarma Day 2023 Shubh Choghadiya Time
|Day Choghadiya Muhurat||Start – End Time|
|Udvega – Bad||06:07 AM to 07:39 AM|
|Chara – Neutral||07:39 AM to 09:11 AM|
|Labha – Gain||09:11 AM to 10:43 AM|
|Amrita – Best||Amrita – Best|
|Kala – Loss||12:15 PM to 01:48 PM|
|Shubha – Good||01:48 PM to 03:20 PM|
|Roga – Evil||03:20 PM to 04:52 PM|
|Udvega – Bad||04:52 PM to 06:24 PM|
|Shubha – Good||06:24 PM to 07:52 PM|
|Amrita – Best||07:52 PM to 09:20 PM|
|Chara – Neutral||09:20 PM to 10:48 PM|
|Roga – Evil||10:48 PM to 12:16 AM, Sep 18|
|Kala – Loss||12:16 AM to 01:44 AM, Sep 18|
|Labha – Gain||01:44 AM to 03:11 AM, Sep 18|
|Udvega – Bad||03:11 AM to 04:39 AM, Sep 18|
|Shubha – Good||04:39 AM to 06:07 AM, Sep 18|
2023 Vishwakarm Puja Aarti (विश्वकर्मा भगवान की पूजा आरती)
Importance/Significance of Vishwakarma Puja (विश्वकर्मा पूजा का महत्व)
Worshipping on the day of Vishwakarma gives us happiness and prosperity in home and work as well. According to mythology, Lord Vishwakarma had built weapons (अस्त्रों), tools, buildings and temples for the gods, so by worshiping Vishwakarma in the every year, all the tools and weapons work well and never come mistake in it. Its already mentioned in the scriptures about the importance of worshiping Lord Vishwakarma Jayanti. Therefore Vishwakarma Puja is celebrated with joy in across the country. But some special rules have been told while worshiping on this day. By following them, happiness and prosperity remains in the house.
Vishwakarm Puja 2023 Mantra (विश्वकर्मा पूजा मंत्र)
ॐ आधार शक्तपे नमः
ॐ कूमयि नमः
ॐ अनंतम नमः
ॐ पृथिव्यै नमः