Utpanna Ekadashi 2022 (उत्पन्ना एकादशी व्रत) is a special day for Hindus all over the world. This year Utpanna Ekadashi is on 20th November 2022, Sunday. Mother Ekadashi was born on this day that why it is called Utpanna Ekadashi. It is a day when Lord Vishnu is worshiped and prayers are offered to him. The fast is broken on the next day, which is known as Pratipada Tithi. It is to be observed by all Hindus. It is a day when we remember our ancestors and God. We should all take part in this vrat and make it a special day for us. It is a day to remember Lord Vishnu and to reflect upon one’s own spiritual journey. It is also a day for fasting, prayer, and giving thanks for all the blessings in life.
Utpanna Ekadashi Vrat is observed on the 11th day of the Krishna Paksha of Margashirsha month. On this day, Lord Vishnu is worshiped and fasting is observed from sunrise to sunset. This vrat helps one to attain moksha or liberation from the cycle of birth and death. They also believe that on this day, Lord Vishnu was born. On this day Devil Mursura killed by Lord Vishnu that why this Ekadashi is celebrated in the happiness of his victory. In northern India, this Ekadashi falls in the month of Margashirsha, while in Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat, Karnataka and Maharashtra, Utpanna Ekadashi falls in the month of Kartik.
Utpanna Ekadashi Date in 2022 | उत्पन्ना एकादशी व्रत तिथि
- Date : November 20, 2022, Sunday
- Utpanna Ekadashi Tithi Stats : 10:29 AM on Nov 19, 2022
- Utpanna Ekadashi Tithi Ends : 10:41 AM on Nov 20, 2022
Utpanna Ekadashi 2022 Shubh Muhurat and Parana Time | उत्पन्ना एकादशी व्रत पारण समय
- Ut[anna Ekadashi Parana Time : 06:24 AM to 08:39 AM on On 21st Nov
- Parana Day Dwadashi End Moment : 10:07 AM
Utpanna Ekadashi Puja Vidhi | उत्पन्ना एकादशी पूजा विधि
- Wake up early in the morning take a bath first.
- Wear new and clean clothes and follow celibacy.
- Clean the worship place and sit on the seat.
- Invoke Tulsi and offer dalav flowers (तुलसी दलव फूल अर्पित करें).
- After this anoint Lord Vishnu with Ganga water.
- Offer vermilion (सिंदूर), roli (रोली), sandalwood (चंदन) and naivedya (नैवेद्य).
- After this worship of Lord Vishnu and take a vow (संकल्प) of fasting.
- Offer fruits, sweet, water chestnut (सिंघाड़े) and sugarcane (गन्ना) to Lord Vishnu.
- Now light a lamp and incense in front of Lord Vishnu and offer him fruits, flowers, arghya and bhog.
- Make all the members worship all the deities (देवताओं) including Lord Vishnu.
- Listen or read the story of Dev Uthani Ekadashi fast.
- Perform aarti to Lord Vishnu.
- After worshiping Vishnu Ji, chant the mantras with musical instruments like bell (घंटा), conch (conch) etc.
- In the evening, while worshiping Vishnu, recite Vishnu Sahasranamam (विष्णु सहस्रनाम).
- Charanamrit (चरणामृत) and Prasad should be distributed after remembering Vishnu.
- Eat only sattvik food to the fast (सात्विक भोजन).
- On the day of Dwadashi, wake up early in the morning and take a bath.
- Offer food to Brahmins and after that take food yourself.
- Along with Lord Vishnu, worship Goddess Lakshmi on this holy day.
- Do not take onion (प्याज), garlic (लहसुन), meat (मांस), alcohol (मदिरा), stale food (बासी भोजन) on this day.
- If possible keep fast on this day.
Utpanna Ekadashi Vrat Katha in Hindi PDF | उत्पन्ना एकादशी की व्रत कथा
Utpanna Ekadashi Aarti of Lord Vishnu | उत्पन्ना एकादशी की आरती
Utpanna Ekadashi Puja Samagri List | उत्पन्ना एकादशी पूजन सामग्री
- Idol of Vishnu (विष्णु जी की मूर्ति)
- Clothes (वस्त्र)
- Tulsi (तुलसी)
- Sugarcane (गन्ना)
- Molly thread (मौली धागा)
- Rice (चावल)
- Flower (पुष्प)
- Wreath (पुष्पमाला)
- Coconut (नारियल)
- Betel nut (सुपारी)
- Fruits (ऋतुफल)
- Incense sticks (धूप)
- Lamp (दीप)
- Ghee (घी)
- Panchamrit (a mixture of raw milk, curd, ghee, honey and sugar)
- Akshat (अक्षत)
- Sweet Basil (तुलसी दल)
- Sandalwood (चंदन)
- Sweet stuff (मिष्ठान)
Importance/Significance of Utpanna Ekadashi | उत्पन्ना एकादशी का महत्व
- Keeping fast on Utpanna Ekadashi brings happiness, peace and prosperity in life (सुख-शांति व समृद्धि आती है).
- Happiness comes in our life and one attains salvation (मोक्ष की प्राप्ति होती है).
- By fasting and worshipping Lord Vishnu on the day of Margashirsha Ekadashi (मार्गशीर्ष एकादशी), a person does not have to bear the torture inflicted by Yamraj after death.
- The past and present signs of mankind are erased.
- Those devotees who want to start the fast of Ekadashi coming every month, they can start their Ekadashi fast from Utpanna Ekadashi itself.
- Lord Vishnu and Mata Ekadashi are mainly worshiped on this day.