Shravana Putrada Ekadashi 2023 (श्रावण पुत्रदा एकादशी) has great significance in India. Sawan month is the best month to worship Shiva and fulfill your wishes. Sawan Putrada Ekadashi vrat, which gives the boon of getting a son, is observed in this Sawan. This year the fast of Shravana Putrada Ekadashi is falling on 27 August, 2023 on Sunday. In Hinduism, there are 24 Ekadashi fasts are observed in a year. Putrada Ekadashi has a special significance in all the twenty four Ekadashi, it is believed that if a childless couple observes this fast with full law, then they definitely get child happiness.
Putrada Ekadashi 2023 falls twice in a year, once in the month of Sawan and the second time of Putrada Ekadashi is observed in the month of Paush. The Ekadashi date of Shukla Paksha in the month of Shravan is called Shravana Putrada Ekadashi. On this Ekadashi, after fasting and worshiping Lord Vishnu according to the law, if Shiva is anointed, then the devotee gets the desired result. Apart from this, fasting on Ekadashi ends the restlessness of the mind and bring wealth, prosperity and health.
This Ekadashi is very special as it falls in the holy month of Sawan. Shri Hari Vishnu is worshipped in this fast, Now let us discuss the fast and importance of Shravana Putrada Ekadashi vrat katha in Hindi, Worship method, auspicious time and importance of fasting.
Shravan Potrada Ekadashi Vrat Tithi and Date (श्रावण पौत्रदा एकादशी व्रत तिथि)
- Ekadashi Starts Date : 12:08 AM on August 27, 2023
- Ekadashi Ends Date : 09:32 PM on August 27, 2023
- Shravan Potrada Ekadashi Vrat Date : Sunday, August 27, 2023
- Parana Day and Time : 05:57 AM to 08:31 AM
Shravana Putrada Ekadashi 2023 Parana Time
- 05:57 AM to 08:31 AM (Dwadashi End Moment – 06:22 PM)
2023 Shravana Putrada Ekadashi Shubh Muhurat (श्रावण पुत्रदा एकादशी व्रत शुभ मुहूर्त )
- Udvega – Bad : 05:56 AM to 07:33 AM
- Chara – Neutral : 07:33 AM to 09:09 AM
- Labha – Gain : 07:33 AM to 09:09 AM
- Amrita – Best : 10:46 AM to 12:22 PM
- Kala – Loss : 12:22 PM to 01:59 PM
- Shubha – Good : 01:59 PM to 03:36 PM
- Roga – Evil : 03:36 PM to 05:12 PM
- Udvega – Bad : 05:12 PM to 06:49 PM
- Shubha – Good : 06:49 PM to 08:12 PM
- Amrita – Best : 08:12 PM to 09:36 PM
- Chara – Neutral : 09:36 PM to 10:59 PM
- Roga – Evil : 10:59 PM to 12:23 AM, Aug 28
- Kala – Loss : 12:23 AM to 01:46 AM, Aug 28
- Labha – Gain : 01:46 AM to 03:10 AM, Aug 28
- Udvega – Bad : 03:10 AM to 04:33 AM, Aug 28
- Shubha – Good : 04:33 AM to 05:57 AM, Aug 28
- Udvega – Bad : 05:56 AM to 07:33 AM
Shravana Putrada Ekadashi Vrat Katha in Hindi PDF (श्रावण पुत्रदा एकादशी व्रत कथा)
This Ekadashi is very fruitful because of it is coming in the Sawan month. This vrat is observed both in water and without water or with fruits. By observing this fast with a sincere heart, children get happiness, those who have any kind of child related problem, they must keep this fast.
Shravana Putrada Ekadashi Puja Vidhi (श्रावण पुत्रदा एकादशी की पूजा विधि)
As per the ritual said that by worshiping on Shravana Putrada Ekadashi with complete rituals, all the sins of a person are destroyed and salvation is attained after death. The fast of Putrada Ekadashi remains fast. Do bhajan kirtan during night awakening.
- First start observing fast from Dashami Tithi
- Eat light and sattvic food in the evening of Dashami
- Take a bath in the morning or before sunrise and wear clean clothes.
- Light a ghee lamp or diya in front of the Lord Vishnu.
- Use Tulsi, seasonal fruits and sesame in this worship.
- Offer fruits, naivedya and perform the aarti at the end.
- Tulsi is very like to Vishnu, so Tulsi must be used in his worship.
- Lord Vishnu is pleased by reciting Vishnu Sahasranamam.
- Perform Jagran and Bhajan-Kirtan on the night of Ekadashi.
- Read or listen to the Shravana Putrada Ekadashi vrat katha or story in the evening.
- Fruits or juice can be consumed after worship in the evening (eat sattvic food).
- On the next day of Dwadashi, give food and charity to the Brahmin or hungry person by worshiping Lord Vishnu.
- Give as much dakshina as possible.
- After that, after meditating on God, end the fast by asking for forgiveness of your mistakes.
- One must also follow the rules of celibacy during the fast.
According to religious beliefs, rice should not be consumed on the holy day of Ekadashi. One should not get angry on the day of Ekadashi and should stay away from debate. Physical relations should not be made on this day of Putrada Ekadashi.
Significance of Putrada Ekadashi Vrat (श्रावण पुत्रदा एकादशी का महत्व)
Lord Krishna had told Yudhisthira and Arjuna about the importance of Shravana Putrada Ekadashi. By doing this Putrada Ekadashi vrat one gets freedom from sins and brings happiness and prosperity in the house. It is very auspicious for those people who do not have children, they get child happiness by the grace of Lord Vishnu. Even if the child has any kind of trouble, then all the troubles are removed by observing this vrat. Performing वाजपेयी यज्ञ has also give the equal results, apart from this, observing this fast gives result similar to cow donation.