Sawan month 2022 has the most importance days for Hindu communities. The Shravan Month 2022 for maas is religiously dedicated to Lord Shiva. As per the Lala Ramswaroop 2022 Hindu calendar, Shravan Month, which is considered to be the 5th month of the year, will start this year on 14 July, 2022 and will end on 12 August, 2022. This year we are lucky to get 4 Mondays for Sawan somvar fasting. In this month, worship of Lord Shiva should be done according to the law. The importance of Monday in the month of Sawan is even more. Worshiping Shiva in this month fulfills all the wishes. The results of fasting on Monday observed in this month are very quick.
People in India consider Monday of this month to be very fortunate and fruitful. Actually, the month of Sawan Somvar is most dear to Lord Bholenath. In this month, there is a tradition of fasting on Monday and bathing in Sawan. Worshiping Lord Bholenath with Bel leaves and offering water to him in the Shravan month is considered very fruitful. In the month of Sawan, many devotees visit some religious places in India including Haridwar, Deoghar, Ujjain, Nashik to visit Jyotirlinga.
Unmarried girl do the vrat of Shravan Somvar to fulfill their wishes. On this day the devotees are doing Shiva Rudrabhishek at home. There is a decay of the second day of Krishna Paksha and the ninth date of Shukla Paksha in Sawan. However, Krishna Paksha will be of full 15 days. Shukla Paksha will be of 14 days only. Prado fasting in Sawan will be held on 5th and 20th August.
Here devotes can find the information on when is shravan Month 2022 start date and end date with Sawan somvar vrat katha in pdf format. Also get the list of sawan somvar vrat 2022. You can also check most popular Satyanarayan Pooja ad Katha in Marathi pdf.
Sawan Month 2022 Start-End Dates for Gujarat, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Goa, Maharashtra, Karnataka and Tamil Nadu.
- Start Date – 29th July, 2022, Friday
- End Date – 27th August, 2022, Saturday
Shravan Month 2022 Start Date: 14 July, 2022
Shravan Month 2022 End Date: 12 August, 2022
Sawan Somvar Vrat Katha in Hindi PDF (सावन सोमवार की व्रत कथा)
During this Sawan Somvar fasting is said to be of utmost importance. By observing fast on Monday of Shravan month, all the wishes are fulfilled. That is why Sawan Somvar fast has a special place in Hinduism. While many devotees observe fast for the whole month of Sawan, many observe fast only on Sawan Monday. In such a situation, if you are not able to fast for any reason, then definitely read the story of the fast or listen to someone.
Shravan Month – Sawan Somvar Puja Vidhi (सावन सोमवार की पूजा विधि)
The results of fasting on Monday observed in this month are very quick. The fruit of any deity worship or mantras, stotras and eulogies is obtained only when the worship is done according to the rituals and scriptures. This time in 2022, the first Monday of Shravan month is coming on 26 July.
- On Sawan Monday, wake up in Brahma Muhurta and take bath first.
- Go to Shiva temple and do Jalabhishek of Lord Shiva.
- Also offer Gangajal or milk to Goddess Parvati and Nandi.
- Do Rudrabhishek with Panchamrit, offer Bilva leaves.
- Offer Datura, cannabis, potato, sandalwood, rice on Shivling and apply tilak to all.
- Offer ghee and sugar to Lord Shiva as prasad.
- Perform aarti of Ganesh ji with incense, lamp.
- Take a vow with the Shiva mantra.
- In the end, perform aarti of Lord Shiva and distribute the prasad.
- It is necessary to listen to the story of Monday fast after Shiva worship.
- Install an idol or picture of Lord Shiva at a holy place in the house itself.
Sawan Somvar fasting is started from sunrise to the third half. The person can do vrat or fast for full day and fast should have taken meal one time in a day
Sawan Somvar Vrat Calendar 2022 List (सावन सोमवार के व्रत की सूची)
- सावन का पहला सोमवार: 18 जुलाई
- सावन का दूसरा सोमवार: 25 जुलाई
- सावन तीसरा सोमवार: 1 अगस्त
- सावन का चौथा सोमवार: 8 अगस्त
- सावन का चौथा सोमवार: 12 अगस्त
Importance/Significance of Shravan Month (सावन के महीने का महत्व)
Those who are facing problems in their marriage should do special worship of Lord Shankar in the month of Sawan. By the grace of Lord Shiva, marriage related problems get resolved. Worshipping Shiva in this month gives freedom from all kinds of sins and attain salvation after death. According to Shiva Purana, Doing fasting on all Monday of Savan month, Lord Shiva will fulfill all his wishes her devotees.
Shravan Month – Sawan Somvar Vrat Rules (सावन सोमवार व्रत नियम)
Ketaki flower do not use in the worship of Shiva. It is said that Lord Shiva gets angry by offering Ketaki flower. Also, Tulsi is never offered to Lord Shiva. Also, coconut water should never be offered on Shivling. Lord Shiva should always be offered water from bronze and brass utensils.
Sawan Somvar Puja Samagri List (सावन पूजा सामग्री की पूरी लिस्ट)
- Water (जल)
- Ganga Water (गंगा जल)
- Cow’s milk (गाय का दूध)
- Curd (दही)
- Honey (शहद)
- Sugar (शक्कर)
- Ghee (घी)
- White sandalwood (सफेद चंदन)
- Flowers and Garlands (फूल और माला)
- 5 or 51 Bel Leaves (5 या 51 बेलपत्र)
- Shami Leaves (शमी के पत्ते)
- Apamarga leaves (अपामार्ग के पत्ते)
- Durva (दूर्वा)
- Datura (धतुरा)
- Cannabis (भांग)
- Betel (सुपारी)
- Cardamom (इलायची)
- Cloves (लौंग)
- Betel leaf (पान का पत्ता)
- Incense stick (धूप)
- Lamp (दीपक)
- Kapoor (कपूर)
- Cotton stick (रूई की बत्ती)
- Yagyopaveet (यज्ञोपवीत)
- Naivedya (नैवेद्य)
- Sweet (मिठाई)
- Punch rasa (पंच रस)
- Perfume (इत्र)
- Thread (जनेऊ)
- Mango (आम्र)
- Sandalwood (चंदन)
- Makeup material of Shiva and Mother Parvati (शिव व मां पार्वती की श्रृंगार सामग्री)