Kartik month (कार्तिक मास) is the importance in Hinduism and Hindu people are celebrating in a special way. Although every full moon has its own importance, but like the month of Kartik, its full moon is also very special. People are also know this full moon as Tripuri Purnima (त्रिपुरी पूर्णिमा). This year, the festival of Kartik Purnima 2023 will be celebrated on Monday, 27 November 2023. By doing this fast on auspicious day, you can get more benefit like same as Agnistoma Yagya (अग्निष्टोम यज्ञ) and your all will fulfilled as well as immense wealth.. The vrat of Kartik Purnima (कार्तिक पूर्णिमा 2023) is last the 5th which is starting form Dev Uthani Ekadashi and ends on the full moon day of Purnima. It is also known by many people as Dev Diwali (देव दिवाली) and Choti Diwali
Many specific mythological stories are associated with this auspicious day. Also, this date is very special for worshiping Lord Vishnu (भगवान विष्णु) and Mother Lakshmi (माता लक्ष्मी). Kartik Purnima or Dev Diwali day is very special for donating, bathing and fasting. If Shaligram and Tulsi Ji are worshipped on this day, then Lord Vishnu is pleased and happiness with prosperity comes in your house. On this day a lamp should be donated (दीपदान) and light a lamp by visiting the river lake or the place of God, which ends the problems of life. On this day, Lakshmi ji is pleased to light a lamp in your house at night and she comes to your house.
According to the Hindu calendar 2023, the 8th month of the year is called Kartik month. The special significance of this Purnima have bathing in Ganga river (गंगा स्नान) on full moon day. Satyanarayan pooja is the special significance on this day which can remove all troubles of your life and increases our comfort in your life. Now let’s know here Kartik Purnima 2023 vrath katha, puja vidhi, shubh muhurat, aarti and mantra in details.
2023 Kartik Purnima (Dev Diwali) Shubh Muhurat Time (कार्तिक पूर्णिमा शुभ मुहूर्त और पूजा का समय)
- Pradosh Kaal Muhurat (प्रदोष काल मुहूर्त) : –
- Purnima Tithi Begins (पूर्णिमा तिथि शुरू) : 03:53 PM on November 26, 2023
- Purnima Tithi Ends (पूर्णिमा तिथि समाप्त) : 02:45 PM on November 27, 2023
- Kartik Purnima Puja Period : –
Moonrise Time on Kartik Purnima 2023 (Dev Diwali)
- Chandrodaya Time (कार्तिक पूर्णिमा पर चंद्रोदय का समय): –
Kartik Purnima Pujan Vidhi (कार्तिक पूर्णिमा पूजन विधि)
- Take a bath in Brahmamuhurta (ब्रह्ममुहुर्त) on the day of Kartik Purnima.
- In the evening, one must donate a lamp (दीपदान) or light a lamp at near any river, lake or religious place.
- If possible, take a bath in the holy river (पवित्र नदी) and take a vow of fasting (संकल्प).
- Take a bath by adding Gangajal (गंगाजल) to the water at home.
- Wear new clothes and clean the place of worship.
- Light a lamp of pure desi ghee in front of Lord Vishnu (भगवान विष्णु) and Lakshmi Narayan (लक्ष्मी नारायण).
- Offer Tulsi (तुलसी) to Lord Vishnu.
- Do tilak and worship with incense-lamp (धूप-दीप), fruits (फल), flowers (फूल) and rituals with naivedya (नैवेद्य).
- Read the katha of Satyanarayan (सत्यनारायण की कथा) and take his blessings.
- Offer Kheer to God (खीर का भोग).
- Offer dry kansar (सूखा कसार) of flour made by roasting it in ghee and Panchamrit (पंचामृत).
- Offering flowers to Lord Vishnu and Lakshmi Narayan.
- Worship and aarti of Goddess Lakshmi along with Vishnu ji.
- Perform Laxmi Narayan aarti in the evening as well.
- Light a lamp of ghee to Tulsi Ji (तुलसी) in the courtyard of the house.
- Light a lamp in the house and keep it in all the corners of the house.
- Put a pylon of mango leaves (आम के पत्ते का तोरण) on the door of the house.
- Offer Arghya after the moonrise out and then break the fast (पारण).
- If possible on this day, donate food to the poor people and feed the hungry.
Kartik Purnima Vrat Katha – Dev Diwali (कार्तिक पूर्णिमा व्रत कथा)
Kartik Purnima Aarti of Lord Vishnu (कार्तिक पूर्णिमा – विष्णु जी की आरती)
Kartik Purnima Pujan Samagri List (कार्तिक पूर्णिमा पूजन सामग्री)
- Idol of Vishnu (विष्णु जी की मूर्ति)
- Clothes (वस्त्र)
- Tulsi (तुलसी)
- Sugarcane (गन्ना)
- Molly thread (मौली धागा)
- Rice (चावल)
- Flower (पुष्प)
- Wreath (पुष्पमाला)
- Coconut (नारियल)
- Betel nut (सुपारी)
- Fruits (ऋतुफल)
- Incense sticks (धूप)
- Earthen or brass lamp(दीप)
- Ghee (घी)
- Panchamrit (a mixture of raw milk, curd, ghee, honey and sugar)
- Akshat (अक्षत)
- Sweet Basil (तुलसी दल)
- Sandalwood (चंदन)
- Sweet stuff (मिष्ठान)
- Gangajal (गंगाजल)
- Haldi (turmeric powder) (हल्दी पाउडर))
- Kumkum or Roli (कुमकुम/रोलिक)
- Bel Patra (बेल पत्रा)
- Durva Grass (दूर्वा घास)
- Janeu (जनेउ)
- Water (पानी)
- Gandham (perfume) (गंधम इत्र)
- Naivedhya (नैवेद्य)
- Tamboolam (तंबूलम)
- Camphor (कपूर)
- Puja Thali (पूजा थाली)
- Matchbox (माचिस)
Kartik Purnima Puja Mantra (कार्तिक पूर्णिमा के मंत्र)
- ॐ सों सोमाय नम:।
- ॐ विष्णवे नमः।
- ॐ कार्तिकेय नमः।
- ॐ वृंदाय नमः।
- ॐ केशवाय नमः।
Significance of Kartik Purnima – Dev Diwali (कार्तिक पूर्णिमा का महत्व)
This holy day of Kartik Purnima is religious and spiritually very important and it is also a matter that the gods and goddesses are pleased by fasting on this day. It is believed that by donating cow, elephant, horse, chariot and ghee on this day, wealth increases and by donating bull, they get the benefit of Lord Shiva bhakti. Worship Tulsi ji on the day of Kartik Purnima gives many times more benefit in life. Donating food and clothes according to one’s ability gives the same result as performing 10 Ashwamedha yagna. On this day, people are taking a dip in the Ganges, by donating and worshiping Lord Vishnu and they get immense good fortune. Kartik Purnima is the best and auspicious day to perform religious ceremonies (धार्मिक समारोहों). It is also believed that taking Kartik bath (कार्तिक स्नान) during the month of Kartik is very good for us. This day is very special for Sikh people, they light diyas like Diwali, it is also called Guru Parv.