Sharad Purnima (शरद पूर्णिमा), which is coming always once a year and It is considered very special in Hinduism. According to the Hindu Calendar 2023, Sharad Purnima is celebrated every year on the full moon date (28 October, 2023) of the Shukla Paksha of Ashwin month (आश्विन मास के शुक्ल पक्ष). On this day the Moon is full of 16 Kalas (चंद्रमा 16 कलाओं). Need to follow the shubh muhurat time or choghadiya while worshipping on this day. Sharad Purnima is also known as Kojagiri Purnima 2023 (कोजागरी पूर्णिमा) and Raas Purnima (रास पूर्णिमा). According to religious belief, there is a rain of nectar (अमृत की वर्षा) from the sky on the night of Sharad Purnima, so there is a law to keep Kheer under the open sky at night (खीर बनाकर रखने का विधान). When the milky rays emanating from the moon fall (चद्रंमा से निकलने वाली दुधिया किरणें) on the kheer on the full moon night, it becomes like nectar. Whereas in West Bengal and Orissa, on the day of Sharad Purnima, unmarried girls worship the sun god and the moon after taking a morning bath.
On the night of Sharad Purnima 2023, Goddess Lakshmi maa is coming on earth and showers special blessings on her devotees. Moon has special significance on the day of Sharad Purnima. Those who take the resolution of fasting on Purnima vrat day, they start fasting from the day of Sharad Purnima. Let us know when Sharad Purnima date and shubh time with Vrat Katha and puja vidhi in details.
Moonrise or Chandrodaya Time on Sharad Purnima Day
- 05:19 PM
Sharad Purnima 2023 Date and Tithi Start-End Time
- Date : Saturday, October 28, 2023
- Sharada Purnima Tithi Begins (पूर्णिमा तिथि प्रारम्भ) : 04:17 AM on Oct 28, 2023
- Sharada Purnima Tithi Ends (पूर्णिमा तिथि समाप्त) : 01:53 AM on Oct 29, 2023
Sharad Purnima 2023 Shubh Muhurat and Puja Time (शरद पूर्णिमा शुभ मुहूर्त – चौघड़िया)
Sharad Purnima will start from 04:17 AM am on 28 October and It will end at 01:53 am on 29 October. so that devotee can do prayers during this time period.
Sharad Purnima 2023 Puja Vidhi (शरद पूर्णिमा व्रत की पूजा विधि)
- On this day, the devotees wake up early in the morning and bathe in the holy water before sunrise.
- Lord Shiva and Vishnu are worshiped on this day.
- Devotees keep fast on this day.
- The whole day is fasted without eating or drinking anything.
- The fast starts at sunrise and ends at the sight of the moon.
- Decorate the adorable god with beautiful clothes (आराध्य देव को सुंदर वस्त्राभूषणों से सुशोभित करे).
- Invoke the adorable god, worship him with achaman, clothes, Atar, akshat, flowers, incense, lamp, naivedya, tambul, betel nut, dakshina etc.
- Goddess Lakshmi should be worshiped after sunset on this day.
- Chant the mantras related to Maa Lakshmi with red flowers, make-up material and lotus garland.
- Light a four-faced lamp at the main door of the house.
- Be sure to include betel nut (सुपारी) in the worship.
- After worship, wrap the betel nut in a red cloth and keep it in the safe (सुपारी को लाल कपड़े में लपटे कर इसे तिजोरी में रख दें).
- Sitting in worship with water in a pot and wheat in a glass (लोटे में जल तथा गिलास में गेहूं लेकर पूजा में बैठे).
- Offer dakshina to the kalash by placing roli and rice in both the leaves (दोनों में रोली तथा चावल रखकर).
- Then after doing tilak, listen to the story by taking 13 grains of wheat in hand (गेहूं के 13 दाने हाथ में लेकर कथा सुनें).
- After taking bath, light a lamp in the temple of your house.
- Do Abhishek of all the Gods and Goddess with Ganga water (गंगा जल से अभिषेक करें).
- Do Worship of Lord Vishnu on the holy day of Purnima.
- Do worship Goddess Lakshmi along with Lord Vishnu.
- Offer Bhog to Lord Vishnu with includes Tulsi in the Bhog.
- Perform aarti to Lord Vishnu and Goddess Lakshmi.
- Offer water to the moon at night (लोटे के जल का रात को चंद्रमा को अर्ध्य दें).
- Read and Listen the vrat katha of Purnima fasting (पूर्णिमा का व्रत की कथा सुने).
- At night, mix ghee and sugar in a kheer made from cow’s milk and offer it to God at midnight (अर्द्धरात्रि के समय भगवान को अर्पण करे).
- Worship the full moon when it is situated in the middle of the sky (पूर्ण चंद्रमा के आकाश रात्रि उनका पूजन करें).
- Offer kheer Naivedya (खीर का नैवेद्य अर्पण करे)
- Keep a vessel full of kheer in the open moonlight at night and eat it on the second day and give its prasad to everyone.
Sharad Purnima Vrat Katha or Story (शरद पूर्णिमा व्रत की कथा)
Importance or Significance of Sharad Purnima (शरद पूर्णिमा का महत्व )
According to mythological beliefs, Kartikeya ji, the son of Shiva and Parvati, was born on the day of Sharad Purnima. For good health, long life to please Lakshmi ji, you should also worshipped on Sharad Purnima by law. By observing Sharad Purnima vrat and special worship of Goddess Lakshmi on this night, all the wishes are fulfilled. One who worships Lord Vishnu- Mata Lakshmi with a sincere heart on the night of Sharad Purnima, is blessed with immense wealth and splendor. By doing this remedy on Sharad Purnima, one gets wealth and happiness as well. It is believed that the girl who worships on this day by keeping a fast with a sincere heart, gets the blessings of getting the husband she wants.