Paryushan Parva (पर्यूषण पर्व) – This festival of Jainism is called the king of festivals in Indian and as well as in all over the world. This festival is of great importance for the people of Jain religion (जैन धर्मावलंबियों). Paryushan Mahaparva 2022, the great festival of Digambar Jain society (दिगंबर जैन समाज) which, is starting from Wednesday, 24th August, 2022 and it will now be celebrated till 1st September, 2022, Thursday. People of Digambar Jain society also address Paryushan parv (पयुर्षण पर्व) with Daslakshan festival (दशलक्षण पर्व). It celebrated in Chaturmas (चातुर्मास) is considered to be more elevated.. This festival seems as if someone has made a garland of ten religions. In this ten-day long festival, every effort is made to bring a part of religion in life, hence it is also called Das Lakshan Parv.
This festival is very special for both the communities of Jainism (Shwetambar and Digambar) श्वेतांबर और दिगंबर, which the people of Jainism (जैन धर्म) celebrate in the Shukla Paksha of Bhadrapada month. Shwetambar community is celebrating this festival for 8 day, after that followers of Digambar people are celebrating Paryushan parv for 10 days. The importance of fasting is the highest in Jain society, this religion occupies the highest position among the rules. Together with the whole society, this festival is celebrated with rules. Let’s checkout the Jain Paryushan 2022 start and end date in deails information.
Paryushan Parv 2022: 8 Days Mahavira Swami Puja and Pratikraman Details
- 24 August, 2022 : The body composition of the Lord (प्रभु की अंग रचना).
- 25 August, 2022 : Potha ji’s Varghoda will be taken out (पौथा जी का वरघोड़ा निकाला जाएगा).
- 26 August, 2022 : Kalpasutra Pravachan (कल्पसूत्र प्रवचन).
- 27 August, 2022 : Birthday reading festival of Lord Mahavira Swami (भगवान महावीर स्वामी का जन्म वाचन पर्व).
- 28 August, 2022 : The program of Prabhu’s school (प्रभु की पाठशाला का कार्यक्रम).
- 29 August, 2022 : Kalpasutra reading (कल्पसूत्र वाचन).
- 30 August, 2022 : Programs like Barsa Sutra Darshan, discourse Chaitya tradition, Samvatsari Pratikraman etc (बारसा सूत्र दर्शन, प्रवचन चैत्य परिपाटी, संवत्सरी प्रतिक्रमण).
- 31 August, 2022 : Collective forgiveness will be celebrated (सामूहिक क्षमापना पर्व).
- 1 September, 2022 : Samvatsari Day Celebration, On this day this festival will end.
When is Paryushan 2022?
This year this Paryushan festival will be celebrated from 24, August 2022 to 1 September, 2022.
When is Samvatsari Day 2022?
This year the Jain Samvatsari Day is on 1 September, 2022, Thursday.
What is Date of Daslakshan Parva 2022 (दसलक्षणा पर्व )?
In Digambar Jain (दिगम्बर जैन) is celebrating as Daslakshan festival for 10 days after Paryushan. It starts from Bhadrapada Shukla Paksha Panchami (भाद्रपद शुक्ल पक्ष पंचमी) and lasts till Ganesh Chaturthi. On the fourteenth day, there is Anant Chaturdashi of Hindus, which is called Samvatsari (संवत्सरी) in Jainism.
Importance of Paryushan Parva (पर्युषण पर्व का महत्व)
The basic meaning of Paryushan festival is to destroy all bad thinking and habits of the mind. While celebrating this festival, people take a pledge to eliminate the bad thoughts of their mind. All the sins we have committed throughout the year. We celebrate Paryushan festival to pray for all this.
Paryushan Dates for 2022, 2023, 2024, 2025 and 2026 Year
|2022||24/08/2022 to 31/08/2022||Paryushan|
|2023||12/09/2023 to 19/09/2023||Paryushan|
|2024||31/08/2024 to 07/09/2024||Paryushan|
|2025||20/08/2025 to 27/08/2025||Paryushan|
|2026||07/09/2026 to 14/09/2026||Paryushan|