The festival of Holika Dahan (होलिका दहन 2023) is celebrated before the day of Dhuleti. The festival of Holi is associated with the story of Vishnu devotees Prahlad (भक्त प्रह्रलाद), Hiranyakashipu (हिरण्यकश्यप) and Holika (होलिका). It is called one of the important and popular festival in India. This festival of Holika Dahan is celebrated in many parts of Nepal as well as India. On this day people make Holika made of wood and cow dung and burn it and pray to God for fulfillment of their wishes.
Holi is the festival of colors and celebrated with lost of fun, masti and enjoyment. This year Holi 2023 is on 7 March, 2023, Tuesday. So we are ready to welcome of color festival full moon day in falgun month. We are celebrating Holi in two days, the second day is Dhuleti (9 March, 2023). We are doing Holika Dahan in evening time on shubh muhurat timings. Second day is also called a Chooti holi and we playing colors or rangs in this day with friends, family and loved once. Here we have mentioned auspicious and inauspicious timings for Holi Puja. Checkout more Holika dhan 2023 time and date along with holi puja vidhi, muhurat, images and holika story in hindi.
Holika Dahan 2023 Date:
- Tuesday, March 7, 2023
Holika Dahan 2023 Time and Shubh Muhurat
- Date: 7 March 2023
- Timings : 06:24 PM to 08:51 PM
- Duration : 02 Hours 27 Mins
- Bhadra Punchha : 12:43 AM to 02:01 AM
- Bhadra Mukha : 02:01 AM to 04:11 AM
2023 Holika Dahan Tithi Start and End Time (Pradosh with Bhadra Time)
- Purnima Tithi Begins : 04:17 PM on Mar 06, 2023
- Purnima Tithi Ends : 06:09 PM on Mar 07, 2023
- Bhadra Punchha – 12:43 AM to 02:01 AM
- Bhadra Mukha – 02:01 AM to 04:11 AM
Holika Dahan 2023 Shubh Choghadiya Table
- Roga – Evil : 06:40 AM to 08:08 AM
- Udvega – Bad : 08:08 AM to 09:36 AM
- Chara – Neutral : 09:36 AM to 11:04 AM
- Labha – Gain : 11:04 AM to 12:32 PM
- Amrita – Best : 12:32 PM to 02:00 PM
- Kala – Loss : 02:00 PM to 03:28 PM
- Shubha – Good : 03:28 PM to 04:56 PM
- Roga – Evil : 04:56 PM to 06:24 PM
- Kala – Loss : 06:24 PM to 07:56 PM
- Labha – Gain : 07:56 PM to 09:28 PM
- Udvega – Bad : 09:28 PM to 11:00 PM
- Shubha – Good : 11:00 PM to 12:32 AM, Mar 08
- Amrita – Best : 12:32 AM to 02:04 AM, Mar 08
- Chara – Neutral : 02:04 AM to 03:36 AM, Mar 08
- Roga – Evil : 03:36 AM to 05:07 AM, Mar 08
- Kala – Loss : 05:07 AM to 06:39 AM, Mar 08
Holika Dahan Story or Katha in Hindi PDF (होलिका दहन से जुड़ी कथा)
As per the ritual Holi is a important and festival and its past story releated on the death of Holika and magical the evacuation of Prahlad from fire. Its a religious ceremony where people are walking around the “Holika bonfire” with roast “Jau” in the fire of Holika. All family members are performatin this vidhi and take blessing of Holika maata because as per the Indian ritual they believe that Holi vrat burning their all problems for good health.
In Holi Dahan warming to all negative elements in fire atmosphere. Stay connected to all updates on Holi festival 2023 and Happy Holi 2023 in Advance.
Holika Dahan Puja Vibhi 2023 (होलिका दहन पूजा विधि)
- Take a bath before Holika Dahan.
- Keep all the puja samagri (सामग्री) in a plate.
- Keep a small pot of water with the plate (पानी का एक छोटा बर्तन).
- Sprinkle water on the plate and on your own and chant the mantra “ऊँ पुण्डरीकाक्ष: पुनातु” thrice.
- Take a seat at the place of worship facing east or north.
- Make Statue of Mata Holika and Bhakt Prahlad from cow dung (गाय के गोबर).
- As prasad garlands of flowers (फूलों की माला), roli (रोली), incense (धूप), flowers, raw cotton (कच्चा कपास), jaggery (गुड़), turmeric (हल्दी), Mung bean (मूंग), batasa (बताशे), gulal, coconut, five or seven types of grains, new wheat and earrings of other crops (फसलों की बालियां) should be taken.
- Sweet food (मीठा भोजन), sweets (मिठाई), fruits (फूल) and other large flower items should also be offered to Holika.
- Take a pledge (संकल्प) with water, rice, flowers and a coin in the right hand.
- Remember Ganesha with flowers and rice in the right hand.
- Do worship of Lord Ganesh Ji.
- Remember Goddess Ambika and chant the mantra “ऊँ अम्बिकायै नम: पंचोपचारार्थे गंधाक्षतपुष्पाणि सर्मपयामि”.
- Offer roli and rice to the flower with fragrance to Goddess Ambika (देवी अंबिका).
- Now remember Lord Narasimha (भगवान नरसिंह)
- While chanting the mantra, apply roli and rice on the flower and offer it to Lord Narasimha.
- Stand in front of Holika and pray with folded hands.
- Offer garlands made of rice, incense, flowers, moong dal, pieces of turmeric, coconut and dried cow dung in Holika.
- While circumambulating (परिक्रमा) Holika, three, five or seven rounds of raw yarn (कच्चे सूत) are tied around it.
- Empty the pot of water in front of the Holika pile (होलिका के ढेर).
- While doing the circumambulation, pray for the welfare (कल्याण) of the house.
Holika Dahan 2023 Puja Samagri (होलिका दहन पूजा सामग्री)
- A bowl of water (एक कटोरी पानी)
- Garland made of cow dung (गाय के गोबर से बनी माला)
- Roli (रोली)
- Akshat (अक्षत)
- Jaggery (गुड़)
- Rice (चावल)
- Incense sticks (अगरबत्ती और धूप)
- Flower (फूल)
- Raw cotton thread (कच्चा सूती धागा)
- Pieces of turmeric (हल्दी के टुकड़े)
- Ehole moong dal (मूंग की अखंड दाल)
- Batasa (बताशा)
- Gulal Powder (गुलाल पाउडर)
- Coconut (नारियल)
- New cereals such as wheat (नया अनाज जैसे गेहूं )