Every year the new Amavasya day (अमावस्या तिथि) falling in the month of Shravan is called Hariyali Amavasya (हरियाली अमावस्या) of Sawan Amavasya (श्रावणी अमावस्या). The month of Sawan (सावन का महीना) is very dear to Lord Shiva. The importance of Hariyali Amavasya is described in the Puranas as well. On this day is very auspicious, the works of Pind Daan (पिंडदान) and charity (दान-पुण्य) are done for the ancestors (पूर्वजों). This time Hariyali Amavasya is coming on 17 July 2023, Monday. Doing it on the new Amavasya tithis can get rid of many problems of life. On the occasion of Hariyali Amavasya, go to a river or pond and feed the fish with flour tablets (आटे की गोलियां). You can also give ants a mixture of dry flour and sugar. Its considered very auspicious work for this day.
Plantation of trees on this Amavasya, while the greenery of the earth increases, on the other hand, the ancestors are also very happy by planting trees. Many problems of life can be overcome by worshiping on this day. Along with this, this day is also very special for getting money. Worship on this day brings wealth. Checkout the more information on Hariyali Amavasya 2023 vrat katha in hindi, Puja Vidh with importance.
Hariyali Amavasya 2023 Date and Tithi
- Date : Monday, July 17, 2023
- Amavasya Tithi Starts : 10:08 PM on July 16, 2023
- Amavasya Tithi Ends : 12:01 AM on July 18, 2023
Hariyali Amavasya Vrat Puja Vidhi (हरियाली अमावस्या पूजा विधि)
- Get up in Brahma Muhurta (ब्रह्ममुहूर्त) and get retired from bathing activities.
- Take a bath in holy rivers, of possible (पवित्र नदियों में स्नान करे).
- After this you offer Arghya to the Sun God (सूर्य देव को अर्घ्य दें).
- Clean the temple of the house and light a lamp there.
- Worship your presiding deity according to the law ईष्टदेव की विधि-विधान से पूजा करें).
- Husband and wife should worship Shiva and Goddess Parvati together.
- Offer suhaag items to Goddess Maa Parvati (सुहाग का सामान चढ़ाएं).
- Offer Panchamrit (पंचामृत) on Shivling (mixing milk, curd, ghee, honey and sugar candy).
- Perform aarti by lighting incense-lamps.
- You should chant the mantra “Om Pitru Devaya Namah” or “Om Namah Shivay”.
- After the puja, distribute the prasad and consume it yourself.
- Plant at least one sapling in a temple or in a public place.
Hariyali Amavasya Katha in Hindi PDF Download (हरियाली अमावस्या व्रत कथा)
Importance and Significance of Hariyali Amavasya Vrat (हरियाली अमावस्या व्रत का महत्व)
Hariyali Amavasya occurs on the next day of Shivratri of Krishna Paksha (कृष्ण पक्ष की शिवरात्रि) in the month of Sawan. Trees and plants are specially for worship on this day specially Peepal (पीपल का पेड़)and Tulsi (तुलसी) plants because Tridev Brahma (त्रिदेव ब्रह्मा), Lord Vishnu (विष्णु) and Lord Mahesh (महेश) are living in the Peepal tree. It is important to take a bath in the holy river and make donations (दान करना). Planting trees (पेड़-पौधे लगाना) is considered very fruitful. By planting trees, happiness and prosperity remains in the house. After this, worship the ancestors’ souls for peace (पितरों की आत्मा की शांति). Then feed the Brahmins (ब्राह्मणों को भोजन) is very good work for this day. Worshiping ancestors on the day of Amavasya gives freedom from Pitra Dosha (पितृ दोष). One gets rid of problems by doing worship and fasting on this special day.