On the Chaturthi of Bhadrapada Shukla Paksha, the preparations have been completed from house to house for the birth anniversary of the first god, Ganapati. It is most popular a Ganesh festival for Ganesh devotees in India and abroad as well. This year, it will celebrate on 19th September 2023, Tuesday. The 11-day long festival which will going to finish on September 9. In Maharashtra, this festival is celebrated with full devotion like a great enthusiasm and devotion festival. This time, Ganpati idol Sthapana muhurat 2023 on Ganesh Chaturthi 2023 will be from the morning. This day is also considered most auspicious in the afternoon as well..
Any worship or ritual begins with the worship of Lord Ganapati. People already started buying Ganpati idol, worship poster, making modak, ladoos, durva, rangoli and bandhanwar and more in their homes. Peole of Maharashtra, Gujarat, Karnataka and Uttar Pradesh are mainly celebrated this festival with great joy. Ganesh festival 2023 lasts for Chaturthi of Bhadrapada month to Chaturdashi i.e. for ten days, after which they are immersed on Chaturdashi.
Ganesh Chaturthi (गणेश चतुर्थी) is always worshiped in the afternoon because of Bal Ganesh was born in the afternoon. As per the ritual, all problems are solved and solution is coming early by worshiping Lord Ganesha on this auspicious 10 days. Let us know about the Ganesh murti sthapana shubh muhurat 2023, puja vidhi time and Shubh choghadiya time and details as below.
Ganesha Chaturthi 2023 Date and Tithi:
- Tuesday, September 19, 2023
Ganpati Murti Sthapana Shubh Muhurat on Ganesh Chaturthi 2023 (गणेश चतुर्थी – गणपति स्थापना का शुभ मुहूर्त )
As per the Hindu Calendar 2023, shubh muhurat or auspicious time of Ganesh nurti Sthapana will start at 11:01 AM and it will done till 01:28 PM in the afternoon. For time, you can do Ganpati Sthapana and puja vidhi as below suggested muhurat.
- Ganesh Chaturthi Starts Date : Sep 18, 2023 at 12:39 PM
- Ganesh Chaturthi Ends Date : Sep 19, 2023 till 01:43 PM
- Ganesh Chaturthi Madhyahna (मध्यान्ह ) Puja Muhurta : From 11:01 AM to 01:28 PM
- Duration Time : 02 Hours 27 Mins
Ganesha Chaturthi 2023 Avoid Time and Muhurat
- Previous day time to avoid Moon sighting : 12:39 PM to 08:10 PM on September 18
- Same Day time to avoid Moon sighting : 09:45 AM to 08:43 PM
Gannesh Chaturthi 2023 Idol (Murti) Sthapana Vidhi (गणेश चतुर्थी मूर्ति स्थापना विधि)
- Get up in Brahma Muhurta and take bath first.
- After taking bath, wear clean new clothes.
- Wear red colored clothes on this day.
- Install Ganesh Ji Idol in the temple at your home.
- While installing the idol, chant the Ganapati Mantra.
- Firstly purify the post by sprinkling water on Idol.
- Establish a post in the right direction and spread a red cloth in it.
- Sprinkle akshat on red cloth and then install the idol of Lord Ganesha.
- Do Bath Lord Ganesha with Panchamrit.
- Keep a Betel Nut (सुपारी) on both sides of the idol as Riddhi Siddhi.
- Ganpati’s right hand and keep a coconut filled with water in an Urn (कलश) and keep it near the outpost.
- Apply incense or incense sticks and offer them betel nuts, laddus, vermilion, durva to God Ganpati.
- Tie Mouli on the mouth of the Kalash and place a coconut along with Aampatra (आमपत्र) on its mouth.
- Keep a lamp of ghee and Conch shell (शंख) and betel nut (सुपारी) in the right direction on the right hand side of the place of Ganesh ji.
- All the members of the family together perform aarti of Lord Ganesha and offer a plate of food equipped with various dishes to Lord Ganesha.
Ganesh Chaturthi 2023 Puja Vidhi (गणेश चतुर्थी पूजन विधि)
- To make Ganpati sit on the place, first make a swastika with kumkum.
- Apply four turmeric (हल्दी) cloves.
- Place a small Bajot, Chowki or Patra on it.
- Spread a Red, Saffron or yellow cloth on it.
- Offering vermilion, saffron, turmeric, sandalwood, molly etc. to the idol of Ganpati and Chanting mantras.
- Offer Upanayana (जनेऊ), red flowers, doob, modak, coconut and other items in turn.
- In the last, offer 21 bhog laddu to Ganeshji and perform his Aarti.
- Fill the copper kalash with water, decorate it with mango leaves and coconut.
- Remember Lord Ganesha with a happy heart with Akshat in hand and call upon him to sit in the house and accept the worship done according to law.
- After the aarti, keep five laddus near the Ganesh idol and distribute the rest among the Brahmins and the poor.
Ganesh Chaturthi 2023 Shubh Choghadiya and Puja Time
- Labha – Gain : 05:58 AM to 07:34 AM
- Amrita – Best : 07:34 AM to 09:10 AM
- Kala – Loss : 09:10 AM to 10:46 AM
- Shubha – Good : 10:46 AM to 12:21 PM
- Roga – Evil : 12:21 PM to 01:57 PM
- Udvega – Bad : 01:57 PM to 03:33 PM
- Chara – Neutral : 03:33 PM to 05:08 PM
- Labha – Gain : 05:08 PM to 06:44 PM
- Udvega – Bad : 06:44 PM to 08:08 PM
- Shubha – Good : 08:08 PM to 09:33 PM
- Amrita – Best : 09:33 PM to 10:57 PM
- Chara – Neutral : 10:57 PM to 12:21 AM on September 01
- Roga – Evil : 12:21 AM to 01:46 AM on September 01
- Kala – Loss : 01:46 AM to 03:10 AM on September 01
- Labha – Gain : 03:10 AM to 04:35 AM on September 01
- Udvega – Bad : 04:35 AM to 05:59 AM on September 01
Ganesh Chaturthi 2023 Puja Samagri List (गणेश चतुर्थी पूजन सामग्री)
- Water Kalash (जल कलश)
- Modak (मोदक)
- Panchamrit (पंचामृत)
- Red cloth (लाल कपड़ा)
- Chowki for worship (पूजा के लिए चौकी)
- Roli (रोली)
- Janeu (जनेऊ)
- Lamp (दीपक)
- Fruit (फल)
- Panchmeva (पंचमेवा)
- Areca Nut (सुपारी)
- Cotton (रूई)
- Akshat (अक्षत)
- Vermilion (सिंदूर)
- Gulal (गुलाल)
- Turmeric (हल्दी)
- Kumkum (कुंकुम)
- Cardamom (इलायची)
- Paan (पान)
- Clove (लौंग)
- Flower garland (फूल माला)
- Ghee (घी)
- Camphor (कपूर)
- Gangajal (गंगाजल)
- Pure water (शुद्ध जल)
- Milk (दूध)
- Curd (दही)
- Honey (शहद)
- Sugar (चीनी)
- Sandalwood (चंदन)
- Belpatra (बेलपत्र)
- Durva (दूर्वा)
- Jewelry (आभूषण)
- Incense stick (धूपबत्ती)
- Mango Twig (आम की टहनी)
Ganesh Chaturthi 2023 Puja Mantra (गणेश चतुर्थी पूजा स्थापना मंत्रों)
- “वक्रतुण्ड महाकाय सूर्यकोटि समप्रभ। निर्विघ्नं कुरु मे देव सर्वकार्येषु सर्वदा॥”
- “ॐ एकदन्ताय विद्महे वक्रतुंडाय धीमहि तन्नो बुदि्ध प्रचोदयात।।
- एकदंताय विद्महे, वक्रतुण्डाय धीमहि, तन्नो दंती प्रचोदयात्।।
- महाकर्णाय विद्महे, वक्रतुण्डाय धीमहि, तन्नो दंती प्रचोदयात्।।
- गजाननाय विद्महे, वक्रतुण्डाय धीमहि, तन्नो दंती प्रचोदयात्।।”
- “ॐ ग्लौम गौरी पुत्र, वक्रतुंड, गणपति गुरू गणेश. ग्लौम गणपति, ऋदि्ध पति, सिदि्ध पति. मेरे कर दूर क्लेश..”
- “ॐ श्री गं गणपतये नम: का जाप करें।”
Ganesh Chaturthi 2023 Shubh Muhurat in Other Cities
- Pune – 11:20 AM to 01:50 PM
- New Delhi – 11:05 AM to 01:38 PM
- Chennai – 10:55 AM to 01:24 PM
- Jaipur – 11:11 AM to 01:43 PM
- Hyderabad – 11:01 AM to 01:31 PM
- Gurgaon – 11:05 AM to 01:39 PM
- Chandigarh – 11:06 AM to 01:40 PM
- Kolkata – 10:21 AM to 12:52 PM
- Mumbai – 11:24 AM to 01:54 PM
- Bengaluru – 11:06 AM to 01:34 PM
- Ahmedabad – 11:24 AM to 01:56 PM
- Noida – 11:04 AM to 01:37 PM